The Toastmasters Leadership Institute (TLI) helps new club officers learn about their roles and gives experienced club officers the opportunity to discuss any problems they’ve encountered. These TLI sessions also create the opportunity for club officers to meet with officers from other clubs and to share best practices in leading club activities.
The Winter TLI runs from December 2017 to February 2018. The first training session will be held on December 2 at the Petey Greene Community Center, 2907 Martin Luther King Ave., S.E., in Washington, D.C. Register for the December 2 TLI on the District 27 Website. Links for additional Winter TLI sessions will be available on the District 27 website shortly.
The Winter TLI schedule follows:
- December 2 (Saturday) 9:30-2:00pm at Petey Greene, 2907 Martin Luther King Jr Ave SE, Washington (Register)
- January 6 (Saturday) 10:00-2:00pm at Arlington Mill Community Center, 909 S Dinwiddie St, Arlington, VA 22204
- January 9 (Tuesday) 5:30-9:00pm at National Rural Electric Cooperation (NRCEA), 4301 Wilson Blvd Ste 1, Arlington, VA 22203
- January 25 (Thursday) 5:30-9:00pm at Nannie Lee Center, 1108 Jefferson Street, Alexandria VA 22314
- January 27 (Saturday) 10:00-2pm at Faith Baptist Church, 26325 Three Notch Rd. Mechanicsville Md 20659
- February 2 (Friday) 11:30-2:00pm at the Library of Congress, Madison Building, 101 Independence Ave, SE, Room LM-516, Washington DC 20540.
Remember, Clubs that have at least four officers attend training during (summer and winter) periods receive credit toward the training goal in the Distinguished Club Program.
Let’s beat our standing Summer TLI record of 67%, looking forward to your attendance.
Jay Krasnow (ACG/ALB) is the District 27 Public Relations Manager and a member of Challenger Toastmasters, which meets at Asahi Restaurant in Courthouse Plaza (2500 Clarendon Blvd., Suite G), Arlington, VA, at 7 p.m. on the first and third Tuesday of the month.