Engage, Build, and Sustain Strong and Vibrant Clubs
It is important to understand the bottom line up front. We want to help shape District 27 so that its leaders and members continue to be achievement-oriented but respectful of the busy lives of we all lead.
To that end, I pledge to the district that this team will:
- Provide the necessary data, information, wisdom and guidance to reach and achieve empirical results
- Provide the necessary tools and resources so all clubs can meet and/or exceed their goals
- Provide the logistical and practical support to insure established clubs are set up for success by being reliable, valid, and viable
- Organize, train, maintain, and equip club sponsors, members, and coaches so District 27 achieves a 5 percent increase in membership and clubs by June 30, 2018
- Strategically market the benefits of Toastmasters membership in areas of District 27 where there are few clubs and thus ripe for expansion.
Robin Hylton is a charter member of two clubs in District 66, which includes the greater part of Virginia, to include Hampton Roads, Richmond and the Shenandoah Valley. That is the district where she served in several club officer positions, as an Area Governor and District Conference Chairperson, and as a speech contestant. Since moving to the Washington, D.C., area she is active in District 27, where she also sponsored and mentored numerous members and clubs, served as an Area Governor twice, Division Governor, District Audit Chair, competed in several speech contests, and taught and sponsored Toastmasters Learning Institutes. She is current a member of five clubs: USPTO, Mount Pleasant Baptist Church Toastmasters Ministry, DTM Masters, Get Up to Speak and Seasoned and Aspiring Toastmasters. She earned her Distinguished Toastmasters award in April 2017.